Note: Due to Milford Road being in a state of emergency after major flooding , the road is closed to the public. A coach is the only way in and out until the road is fully repaired. This can also mean there could be some minor changes to your tour from the 16th of March. Updates to the itinerary and details below will be updated as soon as we have the details.
An epic day out in Milford Sound and exploring the Milford Road. Your cruise will be with ‘Cruise Milford’ who are TripAdvisor’s top pick for an unforgettable cruise. Visiting Milford Sound from Te Anau offers a leisurely, relaxed day where you’ll get to experience some of Fiordland’s most famous locations. There are plenty of epic views and stops to make on your journey to and from Milford Sound.
Te Anau is the closest township to Milford Sound and the drive itself takes you through picturesque glacier-carved valleys, including an impressive tunnel, as well as alongside perfect mirror lakes and towering granite cliff faces. Taking around two hours one-way, there’s always time for photos – so be sure to bring your camera!
The route to Milford Sound from Te Anau is one of the most spectacular roads in the country.
Itinerary and details:
- Pick ups start at 7.30am
- Cruise, Transport and lunch included.
- Guaranteed small groups of up to 10 people.
- Comfortable, modern Minivan
- Allow a full day. We will have you back in town by 4pm
- We will stop in lots of secret spots along the Milford Road that tour buses and mini buses cannot go.
- Lunch, a drink and snacks are provided. Choose your lunch during the booking process.
What to Bring:
- Camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellant
- Wind/rain jackets
- Bring clothing suitable for the weather forecast on the day
- Water, day pack
- All medical items you may need