Click map to enlarge
Te Anau to Manapouri Cycle Trail
Our most popular bike option
A half day trail ride along the Te Anau to Manapouri cycle trail. Grade 1 - 2. Arguably the most beautiful and scenic bike trail in New Zealand.
The scenic bike trail runs along the Waiau river between Te Anau to Manapouri and is suitable for families and riders of all skill levels! Getting transport to the end of the trail, or part way along gives you freedom to head back to Te Anau at your own pace. This allows time to explore the beauty of the area and stop for plenty of photos (you'll want to take lots!!). The Waiau River is world famous and renowned for its breath-taking scenery, bird-song, trout fishing and much more.
- 30km from Manapouri back to Wild Rides HQ in Te Anau.
- 20km from Balloon Loop to Wild Rides HQ in Te Anau.
- Allow up to 5 hours from Manapouri.
- Allow up to 4 hours from Balloon Loop.
- Grade 1 - 2. Suitable for all skill levels.
- Moderate fitness required. There are several hills along the trail.
- If fitness may be a concern we recommend upgrading to an electric bike.
- Electric bikes and mountain bikes available.
- You can pre-book a picnic lunch to take with you.
- Please note there is a 3.5km stretch of trail that is yet to be completed and there is a diversion on the road. For more details please see the map at the top of the page.
Rental bike and transport. $78 per person.
Upgrade to an electric bike for $40 per person (Highly reccomended)
Add a picnic lunch for $25 per person.
Be sure to bring:
- Day bag
- Sturdy footwear
- Shorts, Tshirt
- Windbreaker jacket
Please arrive 15mins prior to your scheduled start time.
For some great reviews check us out on TripAdvisor.
For More information about the Lake 2 Lake Cyclle Trail, or to make a donation, please visit the Trails Trust website. www.trailstrust.co.nz/